One of the biggest steps for many people is to create a more permanent BBQ area that is more often undercover so that the wonderful aromas of the BBQ can be enjoyed all year round. As this trend grows the BBQ Island is now becoming as popular as Love Island. But what do you need to create a BBQ island, especially if you are creating one for a business and entertainment venue?
- Grill - you will need to choose between a charcoal or gas grill – if you have space you can have the luxury of both
- Counter space near the grill – counter space is vital, and it becomes more important in a commercial environment where you are generally cooking for more people and cooking a wider variety of dishes
- The eating area – this is not always essential, and you may choose to eat at normal outdoor tables and chairs, but it is a nice addition especially when you want to share a few drinks while cooking
- Storage – of you think about how important storage is in your kitchen the same is true for your BBQ Island – the more storage space you have the better
- Fridge – whether you choose a free-standing or built in fridge is up to you, but a fridge is a vital part of the perfect BBQ Island
- Stainless steel sink – making sure your BBQ Island not only has access to electricity but is plumbed is essential and a stainless-steel sink designed for outdoor use will make food preparation outside a breeze
- Hand wash sink – the Crown Verity model can provide more than 300 washes!
- Shelter - both to provide shade from the sun and protection when the weather turns bad (so you can BBQ all year round) you need to cover your BBQ Island